The best of fly fishing in Brittany, off the beaten track
You are dreaming of fishing with a fly and the secretive world of wild rivers is intriguing you, come and let yourself be tempted to discover the magic of the clear waters of the Monts d’Arrée in Finistère, Brittany.
Philippe Dolivet, internationally renowned fishing guide with 30 years of experience and fly casting under his belt can offer you:
- Fly fishing tuition for trout in lakes, private ponds and rivers
- Guiding and advanced classes fishing the most beautiful and pristine rivers in northern Brittany for trout, salmon and shad.
- Boat fishing using an original Irish Sheelin drift boat on the regional lakes located in the Monts d’Arrée for trout and pike.
- Sea bass fishing in the bay of Morlaix and Roadstead of Brest from a custom-made fly fishing boat.
- Daily Irish Loch-style fishing boat rental.
Logistics and professional services – Charming lodging – Numerous non-angling activities for non-fishing guests
Also domestic and overseas fly fishing travel (14 destinations)
Lough style fishing in Brittany – March to October
Drennec lake , located in the heart of the Monts d’Arrée, in the French Département of Finistère, classified as “Grand Lac Intérieur” – large inland lake , is open for fly anglers from early March to October 31st. On board his 19-foot Sheelin drift boat, Philippe Dolivet, licensed fishing guide and specialized in “loch style” boat fly fishing, will teach you the finer points of this thrilling angling method, fishing for the superb trout Drennec lake has on offer: both wild brown trout as well as feral rainbow trout are available. Beginner’s and advanced classes will be available, for individuals as well as groups of anglers. Also available for hire will be a fully equipped second drift boat with electric trolling motor.